The quality inspector to perform visual and dimensional inspections on manufactured parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies. Parts will be inspected to engineering drawings, customer purchase order(s), industry standards, and specifications. The inspector will be required to report inspection accept / reject information directly to the customer via web application.
Strong Bench Inspection ( CMM experience advantage but not essential)
Experience of Visual FAIR
Ability to read Drawings
Under minimal supervision, coordinates preparation of project documentation to ensure customer contract requirements are met. This includes B/P dimension al inspection and visual requirements as well as traceability and pedigree of hardware and paperwork. Typically responsible for product release including inspection and shipping parts acting on behalf of the Customer as the release agent (i.e., DSQR, DCQR, etc.).
- Inspection of parts from component parts to full assemblies in line with company, procedures and documentation such as work instructions, engineering drawings, and inspection control plans.
- Ability to read drawings & specifications and relate them to the product to determine conformity.
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance GD&T
- To be flexible to cover the full scope of skills in order to meet the needs of the whole business
- To work under time sensitive targets and goals that ensures product flows efficiently through the business
- Ability to use manual & machine inspection measuring equipment, typically callipers, micrometres, faro arm, CMM, XRF technology and hardness testing.
- The ability to raise NCR/QN documentation with clear problem statements.
- Interact with business ERP system and data collection software including SAP and Visual FAI.
- Quality systems experience in ISO9001 / AS9100 / QS9000 / DSQR
- Ability and Attitude to develop and improve the inspection process via Continuous Improvement
- Ability to plan and conduct product process audits
- Ability to lead basic problem solving activities
- Operate as part of a team that makes the most effective use of Inspection resource