Location details (name, city and country):
Specific products / commodity details:
Aerospace Fasteners, Seals, Clamps, Bearings, etc.
Describe the activity and primary duties being requested:
Reporting to Head of Quality, Direct responsibility for a small team and provides leadership to a small operational quality team
The majority of the time within this role will be spent on managing the team to ensure the effective process adherence, capability and capacity of the team. Accountable for ensuring the functional strategy is effectively deployed on site, with autonomy for the local allocation of resource priority.
Local accountability for people management and departmental operational metrics across a single site.
· Drive Continuous Improvement activity and help the Operational facility to become a Class Leading operation.
· Use Quality Tools and Techniques to drive improvements in internal processes.
· Look at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency
· Monitor Key Performance Indicators for the operational quality team and produce reports.
· To ensure compliance to Quality Management System to maintain external accreditations.
· Own and deploy internal audit plan
· Drive Zero Defects culture and philosophy within functional role
· Comply with all relevant internal rules, policies and procedures, including those relating to Health and Safety, Data Protection and all those contained within the issued Employee Handbook and Policies and Procedures Manual.
· Undertake other duties and tasks that may be allocated that are appropriate to the job.
Describe the ideal skills, experience and qualifications to perform this activity:
Advanced knowledge and expertise within function, considered a subject matter expert, and a high degree of cross functional business process knowledge is required.
· HNC / HND / NVQ 3 or equivalent 10 years in a mechanical engineering manufacturing environment
· Extensive Quality systems ISO9001/AS9100 knowledge
· Extensive engineering / manufacturing experience Aerospace or automotive
· Some experience in customer or supplier facing technical role within Aerospace
· Some experience of leading improvement activities
· Change Management skills
· Project Management skills
· Degree in a related subject
· Some six sigma and lean experience
· Business plan deployment knowledge