Our client is one of the world’s largest independent suppliers of aerostructures and systems within the aviation market. At their facility in Prestwick, they are responsible for the design, engineering and manufacture of a range of products, including skins, spars, rib posts and joint plates.
They require a number of experienced First/Last Article Inspectors on a contract basis. The main focus of the role will be reviewing FAIR packs arriving from suppliers, performing visual/dimensional inspection of the parts and completing the necessary documentation check to ensure conformity to AS/EN9102 requirements.
We’d welcome the opportunity to speak with candidates who can display the following skills and competencies:-
• Background in aerospace (minimum 3 years)
• Mechanical inspection background (minimum of 3 years), including use of appropriate measuring equipment
• Experience with review and buy-off of supplier FAI packs to customer’s own standards and AS9102 requirements
• Experience of compilation and review of internal FAIRs/LAIRs
• Experience with Airbus product would be a distinct advantage
If you’d be interested in an initial conversation about this requirement, please contact the VTR team on the below details.